Fellows are expected to actively participate in the Academy for COIL Course Development. This includes, but is not limited to:
- have an international teaching partnership in place before the start of the Academy activities;
- allotting 2+ hours a week to the online components and committing to being present during the video conferences;
- participating in the one-day in-person workshop that kicks off the Academy;
- maintaining active collaboration with the international partner both during the Academy, the period following the Academy, and throughout the course implementation phase;
- being available to take part in research activities into COIL, e.g. administering pre- and post-COIL course student questionnaires, conducting action research, completing a project case study, etc.