- Nodal Network
- 2014 Conference
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Conference
- 2011 Conference
- 2008 Conference
- 2007 Conference
- ACE/COIL Award
Call for Presentations at 4th COIL Conference
For the first time at this year's COIL Conference we are inviting proposals for presentations that broadly support this year’s conference themes:
- Globally Networked Classrooms as Portals to Increased Study Abroad Participation
- Role of GNL in Integrating Intercultural or Global Dimensions into the Curriculum
- Growing and Sustaining Globally Networked Learning Initiatives
- Supporting the Faculty and Institutional Partnering Process
- Utilizing GNL to Support Language Education
- Application of Educational Technology to Internationalization
- Fostering and Evaluating Student Cross-cultural Competence
- Initial outcomes of the COIL Institute for Globally Networked Learning in the Humanities
Possible presentation types include:
- Individual presentations (20 minutes)
- Panels (30 - 60 minutes)
- Mini-workshops (up to 60 minutes)
- Roundtable Discussions (up to 60 minutes)
- Alternative innovative formats, including those utilizing videoconferencing and other technologies (up to 60 minutes)
Joint proposals from cross-department and/or inter-institutional teams, those which include substantial audience participation, or panels which bring in student perspectives are particularly encouraged.
Conference Venue Information:
The SUNY Global Center has a variety of classroom spaces we will be utilizing for the COIL Conference. These range from seminar rooms seating 18 people, to a multi-purpose room holding 40-60, to the Global Classroom which can accommodate 130 people in its full configuration or 65 when split in half. In order to help you conceptualize the possibilities for your proposal, more information on the rooms can be found here.
Proposals should be sent via email to COILConference@suny.edu by March 26, 2012 and include the following information:
- Type of session (e.g. panel or individual presentation)
- Proposed duration of session (20 - 60 minutes)
- Preferred room size
- Title (up to 15 words)
- 200-400 word abstract which identifies what will be presented in the session, the target audience, and the delivery format
- 3 key points audience members learn from the session
- Name, institutional/departmental affiliation(s), position, and contact information for each presenter
- Technology and audio/visual requirements
Note: The COIL Conference session review committee will try to accommodate the session type, duration, and room requests for accepted presenters. However, if this is not possible, we may contact applicants to suggest alternatives prior to their proposal being accepted/rejected.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their proposal application by early April.
Any questions about the CFP process or the conference venue should be directed to COILConference@suny.edu.