COIL has arranged the following special rates for attendees at three conveniently located hotels.
A map of the SUNY Global Center where the conference will take place and the location of the hotels can be found here.
Reservation Deadline: May 5, 2012 or sooner if capacity is reached (See notes below regarding status of hotel blocks)
Earliest Check-in Date: Wednesday June 6, 2012
Latest Check-out Date: Sunday June 10, 2012
Alternative hotels within a reasonable distance of the SUNY Global Center (please check updated rates by going directly to the hotel websites):
- New York Marriott East Side, 525 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10017; Currently (6/1) has the government rate of $241 available on June 7-9th; www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/nycea-new-york-marriott-east-side/
- New York Marriott Marquis, 1535 Broadway New York, NY 10036; Currently (6/1) has the government rate of $241 available on June 7-9th; https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/nycmq-new-york-marriott-marquis/
- The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, 790 7th Avenue and 51St., New York, NY 10019; Rates: $239.00-$549.00; http://www.themanhattanattimessquarehotel.com/
- Loews Regency, 540 Park Avenue (at 61St.), New York, NY, 10065; Gov. rate of $241.00 available to those that qualify; http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Regency-Hotel
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers, 811 7th Avenue 53rd St., New York, NY 10019; Gov. rate of $241.00 available to those that qualify; http://www.starwoodhotels.com/
- Radisson Lexington Hotel New York, 511 Lexington Ave at 48th St., New York, NY 10017; Rates: $249.00-$489.00; http://www.radisson.com/
- The New York Helmsley Hotel, 212 E 42nd St., New York, NY 10017; Rates: $263.00-$459.00; http://www.newyorkhelmsley.com/
- Carvi Hotel New York, 152 East 55th St, New York, NY 10022; Rates: $259.00-$309.00; http://newyork.carvihotel.com/default.aspx
Alternative hotels located in the Long Island City area of the NYC borough of Queens, 15 minutes trip using NYC subway (please check updated rates by going directly to the hotel websites):
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens, NY; 4034 Crescent Street, Long Island City, NY 11101; Rates: $127.50-$180.00; http://www.countryinns.com/long-island-city-hotel-ny-11101/nynyquee
- Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge; 27-05 39th Avenue, Long Island City, New York 11101; Rates: $169.00-$299.00; http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3540
- Holiday Inn L.I. City-Manhattan View; 39-05 29th Street,Long Island City, New York, 11101; Rates: $195.17-$286.37; http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/long-island-city/lgali/hoteldetail
|The Verve Hotel
(Choice Hotels International Ascend Collection)
40-03 29th Street
Long Island City (Queens), NY 11101
Reservation Deadline has past. Thursday, June 7 is sold out. Other nights may be available by contacting the hotel.
|Rates||$139.99 + tax - King Size Bed (including breakfast)
$159.99 + tax - Two Queen Beds (including breakfast)
Single or double occupancy - $25 per additional guest
|Reservations||Call: (718) 786-4545
Mention Group Name: SUNY COIL Conference
|Last day to Cancel Without Penalty||1 week prior to scheduled arrival date|
|Parking||$25 per day|
The Verve Hotel is located in the Long Island City area of the NYC borough of Queens, just across the East River from the SUNY Global Center. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes door-to-door using the NYC subway (1-2 stops). Some of the hotel’s rooms offer views of the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building and other New York skyline landmarks. The hotel also includes free Continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, free coffee, and a small fitness center.
|The Helmsley Park Lane Hotel
36 Central Park South
New York, NY 10019
Room block sold out.
|Rates||$241 + tax - Deluxe City View: One queen-sized bed
$291 + tax - Deluxe City View: Two Double beds
The following upgrade option, which includes continental breakfast and daily wireless internet access, is also offered by the hotel pending availability
$291 + tax - Executive City View: One Queen bed
Single or double occupancy - $35 per additional guest
|Reservations||Reservation Department (800) 221-4982
Hours M-F (7 A.M – 10 P.M) S-S (10 A.M. – 6 P.M)
Group Name: SUNY Center for Collaborative Online International Learning
|Last day to Cancel Without Penalty||30 days prior to scheduled arrival date|
|Hotel Parking||Valet Parking: $51 per day; $56 per day for SUV|
The Helmsley Park Lane is a full-service hotel located directly across the street from Central Park. It is less than a 10 minute walk or a very short taxi ride to the SUNY Global Center. The hotel has a small fitness center, and also provides Wi-Fi throughout the hotel for an additional $10 per day charge.
|Manhattan Centre Hotel/Club Quarters
25 West 51st St.
New York, NY 10019
|Rates||$241 + tax – Standard room: One queen-sized bed
Single occupancy - $15 per additional guest
Note: This hotel does not have rooms with two beds.
|Reservations||Call Club Quarters Members Services (203) 905-2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: M-F (8 A.M – 11 P.M) S-S (10 A.M. – 6 P.M)
Group Name: SUNY66
|Last day to Cancel Without Penalty||12 noon 1 day prior to scheduled arrival date|
|Hotel Parking||$35 per day discounted rate at the Icon Garage (212) 586-0169. The garage is located at 1330 Avenue of the Americas, with entrances on 53rd or 54th Streets between 5th and 6th Avenues. The rate is inclusive of tax, with no in/out privileges. Major credit cards are accepted. All tickets must be validated at the hotel service desk.|
The Manhattan Centre Hotel is located directly across the street from Rockefeller Center. It is less than a 10 minute walk or a very short taxi ride to the SUNY Global Center. The hotel provides free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel, instant registration, 24-hour concierge services, complimentary chilled, purified bottled water stations, a lounge with complimentary use of a computer and printer, and a fitness room.