The COIL Institute received 40 institutional applications from colleges and universities all across the United States. Our selection panels reviewed each application carefully and selected 22 institutional teams of faculty, instructional designers, and international programs staff who will work together for the next two years as Institute Fellows. They are joined in the Institute by faculty and staff from 29 international partner institutions from 21 countries across all of the world's continents except Antarctica. Each of the Institute's participants has made a two-year commitment to actively participate in:
- An ongoing online Institute Commons where they can network and share experiences throughout the two-year Institute with other Institute Fellows and staff
- A 3-day discipline-specific workshop at the SUNY Global Center in NYC (Sept. - Oct. 2011)
- A follow-up 8-week online course on globally networked learning (Oct. 2011 - Jan. 2012)
- Teaching and/or supporting a globally networked course(s) involving partner institutions and students in at least two countries (Jan. - Dec. 2012)
- A 2-day Capstone Conference in NYC where lessons learned during the Institute will be shared and disseminated through an Institute publication (Jan. - June 2013)
Click here to see the lists of participating institutions in the Institute.