6th COIL Conference: Coming Together to Reimagine Education
We were pleased to welcome nearly 250 faculty, staff, and administrators from 125 institutions in 18 countries to the SUNY Global Center in Manhattan, March 20 -21st, 2014. Attendees gathered for a series of plenary and breakout sessions, as well as networking opportunities framed around this year’s conference theme: Reimagining Education: Can Collaborative Online International Learning Be Normalized?
Highlights of this years’ conference included:
- Three different pre-conference workshops
- A Keynote address from Elmer Poe, Assistant Vice-Chancellor for
- Emerging Academic Initiatives at East Carolina University (see the archived video here)
- Opening Plenary Panel with representatives from five institutions sharing their experience in normalizing COIL activities on their campus (see the archived video here)
- A Special Normalization Track highlighting such efforts at SUNY campuses, other American campuses, and at invited International Institutions (see the archived video here)
- Our first discipline specific conference track: Globalizing Teacher Education through COIL
- Remarks from Patti McGill Peterson, Presidential Advisor, Global Initiatives, Internationalization and Global Engagement at the American Council on Education (ACE)
- Presentation of the inaugural Internationalization through Technology Awards from the COIL Center and ACE through the sponsorship of Asahi Net International (see the archived video here)
We welcome you to access conference resources via the Conference Agenda Page. Here you will find the PowerPoint and other presentations given at the conference in the order in which they took place at the event. A video archive of all other conference sessions will be posted by the end of April.
SEE YOU AT THE 2015 COIL Conference!