- COIL Network
- 2014 Conference
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Conference
- 2011 Conference
- 2008 Conference
- 2007 Conference
- ACE/COIL Award
Advancing Internationalization through Collaborative Online International Learning
Internationalization through Technology:
An Award Program Presented by the American Council on Education in Collaboration with the SUNY COIL Center Sponsored by Asahi Net International
The Award Program: The American Council on Education (ACE), in collaboration with the SUNY COIL Center, is pleased to announce an award program, sponsored by Asahi Net International (ANI), which will recognize, support, and promote the use of technology to enhance institutional internationalization and global competence among students at U.S. colleges and universities. Technology holds great promise for supporting activities that strengthen institutional global engagement through meaningful international collaborations for faculty and staff, and for providing students with experiences and opportunities through which they may acquire global competencies—the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to live and work in our multicultural and interconnected world.
ACE is conducting a national call for submissions, and will provide national recognition for innovative programs and approaches. Institutions may enter submissions under one of two categories:
- Leaders in Internationalization through Technology - Review the Full Call and Criteria
- Advancing Internationalization through Collaborative Online International Learning - Review the Full Call and Criteria
The second category is being led by the SUNY COIL Center. In order to help your institution conceptualize and complete an application, you may wish to review some of the resources on the COIL website including:
- More information about the SUNY COIL Center
- Our approach to internationalization
- Examples of past COIL-supported courses
- Detailed Case Studies for our recently completed COIL Institute for Globally Networked Learning in the Humanities
- A Frequently Asked Questions page for this award
More details and the full Call for Applications can be found on the ACE website at http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Internationalization-Through-Technology.aspx.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. EST on November 11, 2013
COIL and ACE hosted an online Q&A session on September 25th. Click here to view the archive.